ASB and student body prepare for “VAYCADES”

The Catalyst / Kathleen Davidson

ASB is hard at work preparing backdrops for Aquacades, which will take place in April.

NDB’s annual Aquacades will take place on Friday, April 21, 2023.

Students have to be adventurous with this year’s theme, VAYCADES. The four class categories are mountains, beaches, cities and jungles and the four music themes are pop, rock, R&B and country.

Seniors had first pick at voting for their class themes and chose beach and pop music. Voting for the Dragons, Monarchs and Sharks followed. The Dragons chose city and R&B and the Monarchs chose jungle and rock, leaving mountains and country music for the Sharks.

Signups for Aquacades performances opened up on Tuesday, January 17 through Wednesday, January 18. Students volunteered to perform routines solo, in a duet or in a group and either on the pool deck or in the pool.

ASB has been working tirelessly to ensure everything is prepared for the event.

“Planning has been going very well so far,” said ASB President Amelia Ailanjian. “We are super excited about the theme and [we] have to do a lot to prepare. We have to make sure all of the routines for everyone else are filled out, work on the massive backdrop and make sure everything runs smoothly.”

Students and staffulty alike look forward to April when they can experience Aquacades.