The Catalyst

Seniors of NDB

Summer Acbay Interview

"Thinking about college now, coming to the end of my senior year, I'm looking forward to creating new experiences more than anything else. I don't want to live in fear knowing I'll be away from my family and friends that I've created relationships with throughout the years. I want to see this as a new door opening in my life that will aide me in growth to become an independent individual in the world. I'm nervous in thought by the idea of being on my own in starting from the beginning, but I'm not scared. If I did choose to live in fear, I know it'd be holding me back from being able to learn and would hurt me more than anything else. Therefore, I choose to not dwell on the possible negative outcomes, but to look forward to what lies ahead in a positive light."

Francesca Dakin, Managing Editor

Around this time of year, seniors are going through the college process. The Catalyst members are asking seniors of Notre Dame how the college process has been like and if they are excited to leave home next year. In this interview NDB senior, Summer Acbay, reflects on the college application process and leaving home next year.