The Catalyst

Seniors of NDB

Vanessa Velasco Interview

%E2%80%9CIt%E2%80%99s+been+good+so+far.+I%E2%80%99m+kind+of+going+into+it+blind+even+though+teachers+and+counselors+have+been+helping.+It%E2%80%99s+just+a+lot+of+stuff+I%E2%80%99m+figuring+out+because+I%E2%80%99m+the+oldest+child+in+my+family+and+I+don%E2%80%99t+have+an+example.+So%2C+my+parents+and+I+are+doing+a+lot+of+research+and+all+of+our+questions+are+getting+answered.+But+so+far+so+good%2C+I%E2%80%99m+really+excited+to+apply+and+hear+back+from+colleges+and+to+see+where+I%E2%80%99m+going+and+I+can%E2%80%99t+wait%21%E2%80%9D+
“It’s been good so far. I’m kind of going into it blind even though teachers and counselors have been helping. It’s just a lot of stuff I’m figuring out because I’m the oldest child in my family and I don’t have an example. So, my parents and I are doing a lot of research and all of our questions are getting answered. But so far so good, I’m really excited to apply and hear back from colleges and to see where I’m going and I can’t wait!”

Francesca Dakin, Managing Editor

Around this time of year, seniors are going through the college process. The Catalyst members are asking seniors of Notre Dame how the college process has been like and if they are excited to leave home next year. In this interview, NDB senior, Vanessa Velasco reflects on the college application process and leaving home next year.