NDB Women’s Leadership student program returns

Director+of+Advancement+Celine+Curran+thanked+NDBs+guest+speakers+for+sharing+their+stories+and+inspiring+students.+

The Catalyst / Ashley Turner

Director of Advancement Celine Curran thanked NDB’s guest speakers for sharing their stories and inspiring students.

On Wednesday, October 26, NDB held a C Day schedule. Instead of their traditional classes, the student body gathered in the Moore Pavilion to listen to four speakers, three of them being NDB alumnae. The assembly was organized by Director of Advancement Celine Curran, as well as the Fund a Future and Women in Leadership boards, and it served as a preview for the Fund a Future event that would take place later that evening.

The assembly began with a presentation from NDB’s ASB officers. Individually, they introduced themselves and their roles to the guest speakers and shared their goals for the year as leaders on campus. 

“We have a lot of amazing activities here at Notre Dame. My goal is to make sure that we have clear and concise communication so that we can make events as fun as possible,” said ASB Director of Communications Lauren Fitzgerald.

In line with the theme of “Celebrating Health and Wellness,” the four speakers, Dr. Maureen Tedesco, NDB parent, Dr. Bridget Marchetti Philip, ‘92, Dr. Diana Marchetti Barrett, ‘97, and Dr. Jacqueline Evans, ‘05, shared about their experiences as women in male-dominated medical fields.

At the center of each presentation was a message about the importance of women in leadership. One of the many goals of an NDB education is to empower young women inside and outside of the classroom, and the assembly served as an important reminder of how students can carry their NDB experience beyond graduation.