The Catalyst / Photo courtesy of Parisa Shariff

Parisa Shariff, sophomore at Carlmont High School

The Catalyst(TC): What is your school doing for the fall semester: On-campus, hybrid, online, or…?

Parisa Shariff(PS): For the first semester we’re just doing full online. Yeah, everything’s on the screen.

TC: What do you wish your school would do for the fall semester: On-campus, hybrid, online, or..?

PS: I hope that we could, well maybe, I think that we should like start doing hybrid. I just hope that we could go back but if not, I think it’s been going pretty well.

TC: NDB is continuing online distance learning until December.  What do you think about that?

PS: I think that’s sensible because like, um, I think it makes sense that, at least for this semester like schools to just stay close because it’s so easy to transmit the virus when there are so many kids at school. I don’t think it’s safe to be going until next semester, I wish that it could be, but no. Yeah, I think it should just continue the way it is.

TC: How are you doing with your school right now: academically, socially, personally?

PS: I’m doing pretty well like my grades are actually really good right now. Socially, I, that’s the hard thing about being online is that, um, you know, I can see people so it’s kind of like. I still feel isolated, but like socially I’m well. Personally, like I’ve been busy. Yeah. And because of sports like they’ll do sports in person. So I think that’s good socially like and, yeah, it’s just the school part is at home.

The Catalyst • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Catalyst Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *