Barbara Tauskey, NDB Student Services Coordinator

The Catalyst (TC): What do you think about the announcement to continue online distance learning until next semester?
Barbara Tauskey (BT): I was not surprised by the announcement, I feel it was made in the best interest of the health and wellness of our student body, faculty and staff.
TC: Do you prefer to be online or on-campus?
BT: Gracious, on campus! High school is not just about curriculum, but also about the social aspects of connecting with one another.  Students at this age crave the company of their peers, the connection one makes at school with friends can last a lifetime.  It allows our students to create a true connection with their teachers, who may influence their life’s careers. That also is part of the faculty and staff connection, not just with each other, but also with our students.
TC: How has online distance learning changed your work?
BT: Well, let’s see….while I work at my desk in the family room, usually in jeans or sweats. I am still working on the attendance of the student community.  I do, however, really miss the interaction I had with students and colleagues.
TC: How do you feel about working on-campus with others who might not be that careful with hand washing, mask wearing, or social distancing?
BT: I appreciate the administration’s decision to remain with distance learning to keep our school community safe and well.  I, for one, am quite careful about wearing a mask, hand hygiene and physical distancing when I have out and about.  My son is going through chemotherapy and we, as a family, are extraordinarily careful about our interactions and exposure. Having said that, if we are safely able to be on campus in the new year, I will welcome it.
TC: How has working from home affected your home or work life?
BT: It has changed in that I don’t have to wake up at 5:30am to be on campus by 7:00. I haven’t worn makeup since March. On the occasion of a Zoom call, I have to remind my family that the noise level needs to be a low rumble.  As I am in the family room, they are often seen walking back and forth from the family room to the kitchen! Part of working remotely!

The Catalyst • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Catalyst Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *