The Catalyst / Photo courtesy of Grace Wong

Grace Wong, a senior at Mountain View High School

Grace Wong, senior at Mountain View High School

Since many schools have closed due to the coronavirus pandemic, many high school students are going to school online in what is called distance learning. Some of them communicate with their teachers via email or websites, like gClassroom and Schoology. Others participate in online classrooms via video conferencing apps, like Google Hangouts and Zoom. The Catalyst interviewed Grace Wong, a senior at Mountain View High School, about her experiences going to school online.

The Catalyst (TC): What is a typical day of school like for you?

Grace Wong (GW): I wake up at 8 a.m., then I go to online school. During the break, I eat lunch, hang out, and go on my phone. After lunch, I go back to online school. 

TC: How are you coping with social distancing and keeping in touch with your friends?

GW: I keep in touch with [friends] through text and through FaceTime. I try to get outside as much as possible because I don’t like being cooped up inside all the time. So, being outside in the fresh air is really relaxing. 

TC: How do you like online school? Do you prefer going to school or doing online school at home?

GW: Online school… It’s okay… It’s not that bad… It’s just a little difficult sometimes not being physically at school. I like online school better because there’s less commute time. Like, I have a lot more free time because I don’t have to commute or get ready or anything like that. 

The Catalyst • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Catalyst Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *