The Catalyst / Kaitl

In addition to appearing on Zoom, students must fill out a Google Form as proof of attendance for each of their classes.

Kaitlyn Lopez, Staff Writer

Sunday, March 8, 2020

I was doing my homework for Monday in my bedroom. I decided that I was hungry, and I went to Jeffrey’s to buy a hamburger and fries for dinner. While I was waiting for the workers to make my food, I got a FaceTime from my friend, Kassie. She told me that school was canceled, and we both started freaking out. I looked at my phone to see my friends were all texting in our group chat that school will be closed until Wednesday.

Monday March 9, 2020

I woke up at 10:30 a.m because I had to submit my Chemistry assignment before 12 p.m. After finishing my classwork, I checked my emails to make sure that I did not need to turn in any other work for the day, and I took a nap. I woke up at 6 p.m., and then I ate dinner. After dinner, I started working on my homework for my B-day classes. I realized that I needed to take online school more seriously. 

Tuesday March 10, 2020

I set my alarm for 9:20 a.m. because I knew that I had to get on a Zoom call for English at 10 a.m, because my teacher emailed us the night before.  At 10 a.m., I joined a Zoom for AP Lang, and it was an interesting experience. It felt unusual having a group call with my entire class. I found out that school would be closed for two weeks, and I was happy at first, but I realized how hard distance learning is going to be. 

Wednesday March 11, 2020

I realized that I should treat online school like real school. I set my alarm for 8:15 a.m. to get ready for class. I sat in my dining room for the whole day, making sure I signed-in for attendance. I made sure to do all my classwork and check my email for updates from my teachers. Wednesday was a more productive day for me because I acted as if I was actually at school. 

Thursday, March 12, 2020

On Thursday morning, I woke up at 8:15 a.m., and I started my day. During lunch break, I started to miss going to school. This experience has been really eye-opening because it made me realize how fortunate we are to attend school. It has been really hard to focus on schoolwork at home, and I really miss school. The atmosphere is not the same, and I hope we come back soon.

The Catalyst • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Catalyst Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *