The Catalyst / Screenshot courtesy of Annalee Wolfe

Journalism begins its class by sharing and discussing what is in the news since the last class meeting.

Annalee Wolfe, Staff Writer

Sunday, March 8, 2020

On Sunday evening, I got an email from NDB’s administration about school being canceled until Wednesday in order to deep clean the school building to prevent the spread of COVID-19. At first, I was super excited because I was under the impression that I had a long weekend ahead of me. The student body was introduced with the idea of “distance learning,” which comes in various forms. This can include video chats, Google discussions, or assignments on Schoology with an attendance list. I was confused, but curious about how online school would be since I have never experienced it before.

Monday, March 9, 2020

Monday came around, and I was given my assignments through email from most of my teachers and had a few video chats to try and get a feel for our new way of learning for the next couple of days.

Tuesday, March 10, 2020

On Tuesday, I woke up and completed assignments from various classes. I had no video chats, but was forced to sign into classes through Schoology and attendance lists. The rest of my day was spent doing homework, trying to figure out how to complete assignments. That night, at lacrosse practice, I found out that school was going to be canceled until Wednesday, March 25, which upset me. I realized that I will not be able to celebrate my birthday at school and Aquacades is now in-question.

Wednesday, March 11, 2020

On Wednesday, I woke up and hopped on a Google chat with my statistics class. We worked on our assignment and then completed a Desmos activity. After a full class period completing that, my AP Government class tested out our video call as well. I did my video calls again and completed all of my assignments by noon. This gave me time to spend with friends and family, which I really enjoyed.

Thursday, March 12, 2020

Today, I have been working on homework assignments and just found out that lacrosse was canceled until school goes back, as well. After journalism class, I will also be going to the beach with my friends.

The Catalyst • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Catalyst Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *