Student Council Camps out on Campus “Tent City”

With new ASB members and a new school year comes new activities. The 2018-2019 ASB officers have created Tent City, a new bonding event that will include the ASB members and student council.

Over the summer, the newly elected 2018-2019 Associate Student Body Officers (ASB) went on a camping trip where they did activities and bonded with each other. ASB was able to create stronger bonds with each other, and wanted the rest of student council to have the same opportunity. So, instead of driving four hours to camp, student council will camp right here at Notre Dame on September 28-29th.

The Tent City event includes several aspects of the ASB’s camping experience. Recreating the outdoor style, the dad’s club will be hosting a barbecue on the grass lawn. For ultimate bonding, the girls will go through multiple fun activities, one of which includes midnight yoga, led by Mrs. Fiatarone, religion teacher and yoga extraordinaire. The Student Council will then sleep in tents, right here on the Notre Dame campus. In the morning, the girls will have breakfast before they return home.

Junior class president Analee Wolfe said she cannot wait for the event, telling The Catalyst, “I am so excited for tent city because it will give me the chance to become closer to all my fellow leaders. It is going to be so fun and I am looking forward to it!” So, the lovely student leaders at Notre Dame better polish up their s’more making skills, and undust those sleeping bags to get ready!

ASB is especially excited to find out who the newly elected freshman council will be. As ASB continues to collaborate on new ideas, they are especially excited to be working on the Tent City event. Alex Gatt, athletics officer reminisces about how her camping experience will reach the other girls, and said,“Have you ever gone camping? Because it is pretty in-tents!”

Photo courtesy of Kelly Nolte
ASB officer Alex Gatt claims camping is “in-tents.”