NDB’s second C-day: Wellness Wednesday

The Catalyst / Photo courtesy of George Retelas

NDB students celebrate the Community Health Day, Wellness Wednesday, on campus.

On Wednesday, January 26, NDB hosted its second C-day event, which was a Community Health Day for all students and staff called Wellness Wednesday, in an effort to maintain a more holistic health-based community. 

Students had the option to come to school or stay at home for Wellness Wednesday. If they chose to be on-campus, students had the opportunity to participate in activities that would help them reduce stress, catch up on their schoolwork, and have fun with their friends.

“I think it’s good because a lot of our students said that they used it to sleep in or catch up on homework,” says NDB mathematics teacher Jennifer Walton. 

NDB hosted its first Wellness Wednesday last semester, which students enjoyed. This opportunity is a great way for students to relax and recuperate in a positive environment.

Freshmen and sophomores had class-wide activities to help them learn more about the upcoming Aquacades tradition and to meet with their class. Juniors and seniors were encouraged to take advantage of the activities of the day, meet with teachers and counselors, or work on their schoolwork.

“I feel like it’s a nice opportunity for that and I got to talk to people that I needed to talk to that I normally wouldn’t have time for during the day, so I thought it was  good,” added Walton.

Along with the opportunity to work and meet with teachers, students enjoyed a barbeque lunch and activities hosted by teachers. Students enjoyed fun outdoor activities and meditative and relaxing activities inside.

Like the first C-day, this was a day for students to be able to get ahead on their schoolwork and take a break from their classes while still being able to talk to their teachers and take advantage of their time at school.

The C-day was optional for students because NDB wanted to give Tigers the opportunity to stay home if that would be a better option for them.

“I just got to relax and I got to do a lot of reading and catch up on self-care, so it was really nice,” says NDB senior Sarah Massoudi.

Students are very grateful for this opportunity to focus on themselves and take advantage of the various options for Wellness Wednesday. Tigers enjoyed being able to spend time with their friends and be productive both on and off campus.