Where did you go? What did you do? Community talks about how they spent their Thanksgiving

As the first Thanksgiving in almost two years that people are permitted to travel, many people went places. The Catalyst sat down with a few students to find out where they went and what they did over Thanksgiving break.

This Thanksgiving the most popular thing to do was spend time with family. Some students hosted parties for their extended family members that included different kinds of food and activities. Many traveled to visit grandparents in places like Tahoe, Carmel and Sonoma. Other students took day trips to San Francisco then came back to their houses to celebrate Thanksgiving.

Another popular thing to do this was to lay low and use the week off to relax and prepare for finals coming soon. All the activities that NDB students did this week were beneficial to relax and take some much needed time off.

“Over break I went to my cabin just outside of Yosemite in Mammoth, California. I was able to catch up with some old friends and see family and have tons of fun,” Ryann Leyte-Vidal said. “We went skiing, boarding, played in the snow, and went lodging. Overall the break was great! Nice opportunity to not worry about school or homework and just relax with friends and family which was much needed.”

Paige Lambert, another NDB student, had a great time going to visit her aunt for Thanksgiving.

“I went to my aunt’s house for Thanksgiving with my family,” Lambert said. “Last year we just stayed home because of COVID but this year we are driving to visit family.”

This Thanksgiving Break was a time for all NDB staff and students to unwind, have fun, and enjoy time off. But just as importantly, students used this time to spend time with family and give thanks.