Tri-School Choir is back in-person

The Catalyst / Unknown photographer.

The Tri-School choir poses for a photo.

The Tri-School Choir is back in action as students are rehearsing in person for the first time since the Fall of 2019. With only 10 rehearsals, Choir Director Joseph Murphy, and the choir plan to put together performances throughout the year, blowing the audience away.

Now that students attend school and are no longer in lockdown, there are many restrictions to keep people safe. Unfortunately, these restrictions have a negative effect on the choir as Murphy explains some of the challenges coming back from lockdown.

“As we come back from the lockdown there have been a few challenges as there are restrictions to what we can and can’t do. For now, the state of California allows us to rehearse inside with masks which has its own consequences as the students are not able to project their voices to the same extent,” said Murphy. “Besides the restrictions, I am looking forward to the new year and am confident that this choir will only grow from here. As things start to open up, and covid restrictions lift, we may have more opportunities to perform or even travel.”

I have been doing Tri-School Choir since freshman year and I am so glad it’s back, providing opportunities for us to perform.

— Isabella Hildebrand-Veccia

Previous choir members, including NDB junior, Isabella Hildebrand-Veccia, come back for the new year, hopeful for the opportunities this year will bring.

“I have been doing Tri-School Choir since freshman year and I am so glad it’s back, providing opportunities for us to perform,” said junior Isabella Hildebrand-Veccia.

Cristine Niswander, another NDB junior, is taking the opportunity of being in-person, to start her first year in choir.

“I’m excited to try choir for the first time. It’s nice to partake in extracurriculars in person again. I am looking forward to being in my first performance with my friends,” said junior Cristine Niswander.

NDB is excited to hear more about the choir’s progress and the shows and performances.