Students find ways to get involved at club fair

The Catalyst / Rose Gans

Sophomore Ava Hiss browses through the many club tables at the annual Club Fair held in the Father Downey Garden on Friday, September 3.

NDB clubs play a major role in the student community, and Tigers all around the school love the opportunity to get involved in them. To kick off the year, NDB just had it’s annual Club Fair. Over 40 clubs were shown, and over 10 new clubs were added. There was a wide range of clubs for whatever you may be interested in, cultural clubs, fashion clubs, community service clubs, robotics clubs, and many more! The clubs usually encourage you to attend one to two meetings a month, and many don’t demand any outside work. Some of the most popular clubs this year include the Key Club, Ambassador Club, Baking Club, and the Dog Club, which had over 100 sign-ups. The two most well-known clubs include the Ambassador Club and the Key Club. The Ambassador Club is well-known for choosing students at NDB to host shadow students, and the Key Club is widely recognized by colleges and helps students find community service opportunities. 

“It was really cool, because you could kind of see how there’s different niches for all of these different activities and things that people like to do. So it’s kind of cool because it’s very inclusive and welcoming,” says Sophomore Izzy Sucre when asked what her impression of the Club Fair was. 

When Kristi Xia, President of the Key Club, was asked if she would recommend starting a club, she said “100 percent, because a main reason why I got involved was because I wasn’t really sure what to do with my time in high school, and I didn’t have anything that I was super passionate about.

And then when I found Key Club, I realized there’s something that I love and now I’m super passionate about it and super involved. So I feel like for people who aren’t really sure what to do with their high school career it’s definitely a good thing to do.

— Kristi Xia

Clubs are a great way for NDB students to get to know one another, become involved in the school community, and spend time doing something that they are interested in. NDB encourages students to start or join clubs in the future!