Gia Elhihi, senior at Carlmont High School

The Catalyst (TC): What is your school doing for the fall semester … on campus, hybrid, online,or something else?

Gia Elhihi (GE):  So we’re doing online, and so we’ll have a Zoom schedule so we’ll do Zoom classes and then we’ll get homework.

TC: What do you wish your school would do for the fall semester?

GE: It can be different but a lot of teachers all of their online stuff can be very different. So for our Wednesdays, we don’t have to do video or go in person but then they’ll assign homework. And I remember like the first couple of weeks it took me a while to realize that some teachers would send me it through email. Others would post it as an assignment. So I never knew where to look. So I guess it’s hard, but like a little more communication and like maybe unity, in what the students do.

TC: NDB is continuing online distance learning until December, what do you think about that?

GE: I think that’s a good idea. Just because school shouldn’t be opening up, I don’t think they should be. There’s too many cases, too many anti-mask people.

TC:  How are you doing with school right now academically, socially and personally?

GE: Socially, I’m doing horribly. Academically, I feel kind of weird because I was supposed to take more classes, but because we went online when I started taking them all, I had no motivation so I dropped a bunch of classes. So I’m taking like four classes so I’m doing pretty well because I don’t have a lot. I was originally gonna take six and then I dropped some. I dropped ceramics and another one, just because it felt so weird doing them online. But I’m doing what’s called “illustration and design” instead. 

The Catalyst • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Catalyst Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *