Q&A: NDB students share their cancelled summer plans

Junior+Sofia+Schnabel+is+one+of+many+students+disappointed+by+the+cancellation+of+their+summer+plans.+

The Catalyst / Photo courtesy of Sofia Schnabel

Junior Sofia Schnabel is one of many students disappointed by the cancellation of their summer plans.

Amelia Kyle, Managing Editor

Junior Sofia Schnabel

The Catalyst (TC): Did you have any vacation plans for the summer that have now been cancelled because of the coronavirus outbreak?

Sofia Schnabel (SS): Yes, my family and I had planned on going to Los Angeles over the summer to tour colleges and maybe even go to Disneyland. We were also supposed to go to San Diego, which we have not officially cancelled, but we are not counting on the trip actually happening either.

TC: Do you think these trips will get rescheduled, or will they just remain cancelled?

SS: We might go to San Diego in the fall if we cannot go over the summer, just because we have family there. With the college tours, we will probably go next spring once we see where I get accepted. 

TC: Is there anything you would like to do locally, instead of travelling over the summer?

SS: Honestly, I would just like to spend time with my friends once we can actually step within six feet of each other. 

Sophomore Kennya Olguín

TC: Did you have any vacation plans for the summer that have now been cancelled because of the coronavirus outbreak?

Kennya Olguín (KO): My family did not have any specific plans to travel, but we usually like to go to Los Angeles or Mexico during the summer. I really doubt we will be able to do that now, though.

TC: Do you think usual these trips will get rescheduled, or will they just remain cancelled?

KO: They will probably just remain cancelled and we will go next summer instead.

KO: I would just like to spend time with my friends and family because I know I will be so excited to be able to see them all again. 

Junior Cailey Murad

Cailey Murad (CM): No. Luckily, my family did not have any specific plans that got cancelled for the summer. However, before the outbreak, we were talking about maybe going to Canada this summer to see family, but we never officially planned it.

TC: Do you think the trip to Canada will get rescheduled, or will it just never happen at all?

CM: It will definitely get rescheduled for another time, probably for sometime next year.

CM: Yeah, my family will probably go to our cabin in Groveland [California] and spend a lot of our summer there.