Carlmont HS student found shot dead

On Monday, January 7th, Carlmont senior, Mohammad Othman, was shot dead in the usually quiet town of Belmont. After receiving a call from his parents requesting a welfare check be done on their son, Belmont police rushed to Central Elementary School where they found Othman with a gunshot wound and proceeded to try and revive him. He was pronounced dead on the scene and police are still investigating as to who murdered him. Police say this was not a random crime, but as of now, they have not received any further information on the intent of the shooter or the names of the people Othman was with during the incident.

This came as a shock to the whole community, including many NDB students who went to middle school with him but are unable to provide a quote because they did not know him in high school.

Othman was on the Varsity football team at Carlmont and was loved by many. Being in the same city, Notre Dame students have always been close with their Carlmont brothers and sisters. Our prayers go out to the family and friends of Mohammad.

This is another instance of gun violence that is increasingly becoming the cause of devastating fatalities across the country. The death of Mohammad Othman has struck the town of Belmont as a reminder that the effects of gun violence can happen anywhere.