How many schools should seniors apply to?

First and second semester for Seniors can be very stressful. All of the students are figuring out what schools they like, and where to apply. It is a lot of work to research, visit, and apply to just one school. Students have different views on how many schools to apply to. They work on applications while jogging other activities such as academics, athletics, and extra curriculars.

Some students think that it is better to apply to many different schools, so you have a lot of backup plans and different options. However, this can be expensive and very time consuming.

Other students think that it is better to apply to few schools that you are very interested in, and have only a couple of backup schools. This is better if you want to focus on putting all of your time into your dream schools.

Senior student at Notre Dame High School, Jaya Kapoor, applied to twenty three different colleges. Jaya says, “It is better to apply to as many schools as you can, so you can have your options open. This is what I did for high school applications too. I kept my options open by applying to six different schools in my area.” Jaya claims that it is worth it to spend your time on these applications.

Another senior student at Notre Dame High School, Carlee Miller, thinks that it is, “better to apply to fewer schools that you are truly interested in”. Carlee focused her time and money on only a couple of schools that she really wants to get into. She thinks that if you do your research on what you truly want then you should only have to apply to fewer schools. She has some backup schools, but she did a lot of research on what schools she applied to and really liked.

These are both different views on how to apply to colleges. One can either apply to a wide variety of schools or apply to a small amount of schools. You should just do what is right fitting for you.