Clubs/Club Fair/New Application Process

9/29/18

by Daphne Sidoti

Staff Writer

With the club fair just around the corner, NDB students met with Mrs. Uhl and other faculty during Teacher Office Hours on September 25th to present their new club ideas. The 45 clubs include I am Diverse, Film & Art, Project Sammich, and the Strikers club. The clubs range from athletic to academic and all have their own individualized theme. New clubs were presented to the approval board which included members from administration, class moderators, and student council. There are requirements that each club needs to meet in order for it to be approved. It needs to be tied to one of the hallmarks of Notre Dame, must meet regularly, have a teacher as a moderator, have at least 5 members,  participate in club fundraisers, and present at the club fair. With these requirements, they can limit the number of clubs that are pitched but can also help students think outside the box and come up with more unique club ideas.

The Club Fair is an event where all clubs are able to present their poster boards to prospective new members. It opens up the opportunity for students to immerse themselves in potential new interests or find them relating to interests they did not know of existed through clubs. Senior and leader for the I Am Diverse club Samantha Ramos talked about the Club Fair said, “I think the club fair went really well because our club, I am Diverse, got a lot of signatures and since we only have like 7 active members, getting a lot of signatures was really good for us because we are expanding our club.”

There are endless possibilities for club ideas which helps to give NDB students a chance to discover their passions and what they want to teach others. With all of these clubs, there is something for everyone and a chance for every student to get involved in some sort of activity.